newbie - mounting file systems

Post by Josep » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 09:58:43

I have a sun sparc machine running Solaris 2.6 that has 2 hard drives
(I added an external disk last week).
I mount the external partitions using "mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 /u1".
The problem is when I reboot, the partitions get unmounted.  How do I
make the mounts "stick" so I don't have to mount them every time I
reboot?

Thanks in advance!
-Joe

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Scott Miccich » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:49:43

> I have a sun sparc machine running Solaris 2.6 that has 2 hard drives
> (I added an external disk last week).
> I mount the external partitions using "mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 /u1".
> The problem is when I reboot, the partitions get unmounted.  How do I
> make the mounts "stick" so I don't have to mount them every time I
> reboot?

> Thanks in advance!
> -Joe

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

You need an entry in /etc/vfstab for remounting at boot time.
--
Scott Micciche

"Improvise, adapt and overcome"
Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

newbie - mounting file systems

Post by bfie.. » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:44:14

Add it to the /etc/vfstab

BF

Quote:>I have a sun sparc machine running Solaris 2.6 that has 2 hard drives
>(I added an external disk last week).
>I mount the external partitions using "mount /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 /u1".
>The problem is when I reboot, the partitions get unmounted.  How do I
>make the mounts "stick" so I don't have to mount them every time I
>reboot?

>Thanks in advance!
>-Joe

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

newbie - mounting file systems

using "format" command to add a disk is better