apache & stateless connections

Post by nuall.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

If you could give me a hand with my Apache tuning/config I would really
appreciate it.  I have been using Netscape FastTrack 3.01 on a high
volume site.  I have been seeing problems with the system running out
of resources so we decided to try using Apache to see how it handled
the load.  It seems to work fine except for one thing.  Occassionally
the users do not get released from the system and I have to manually
remove them.

The OS is Solaris 2.6 and we are running a web search application.  For
each search request the user gets assigned a user id.  Since it is a
stateless connection, once their search is complete the user id should
be released back into the pool of available users.  For the most part
it works ok.  Although after about 6 hours I had to unlock about 15
users.  If this isn't constantly monitored the number of id's would be
reduced to the point that no one would be able to access the server.  I
tried playing around with some of the KeepAlive setting but it was
still happening.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. stateless connections

[...]

2. Newbie: Switching Logins

3. stateless/stateful clent server ..connectionless/connection oriented pr

4. rsh not working

5. if http is stateless, how does apache know not to authenticate again

6. HELP NEEDED - unable to log in

7. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

8. Dual booting FAT32 doze95 and linux on single HD

9. problems with (Apache && Solaris && mod_perl)

10. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?

11. Help with Apache SSL && Apache servers sharing content

12. Apache & PHP: DB connection pooling question

13. Apache 12b6 & persistent connections