Sun One Directory Server

Post by Crazy Code » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:54:13

I am deploying LDAP within my organization and will be deploying two Sun
V120 servers to the LDAP service.

What is the minimum ram that is required for a good performance from LDAP?

Thanks

Sun One Directory Server

Post by Rich Tee » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:29:00

> I am deploying LDAP within my organization and will be deploying two Sun
> V120 servers to the LDAP service.

> What is the minimum ram that is required for a good performance from LDAP?

How long is a piece of string?

Seriously, the amount of memory you need will obviously
depend on how many entries your database has, unless you
want performance to suffer.  Get a copy of Sun's LDAP
BluePrint book.  It has some sizing info in there.

--
Rich Teer, SCNA

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

1. IPLT Directory Server 5.1 and Sun One Directory Server 5.1 Difference ?

Curious if there is any different between IPLT Directory Server 5.1
and Sun One Directory Server 5.1.

I just got the IPLT 5.1 distro that comes with Solaris 9 working and I
noticed the Sun ONE Directory 5.1 server has a Service Pack 1.

Is this service pack appropriate for the IPLT Directory server
packages in Solaris 9 ?

2. mailbox vulnerable

3. Sun ONE Directory Server 5.1 Patch questions

4. No eth0 or eth1 in /dev

5. Sun One Directory Server 5.2 replication

6. BPP?

7. NIS and Sun ONE directory server (5.1).

8. How to tell if login was successful at "keylogin"

9. SUN one directory server 5.1 replication problem

10. tacacs+ and Sun One Directory Server

11. PR_GetSysfdTableMax error when starting Sun One Directory server v5.2 (acl-plugin.so)

12. Synchronization between AD and Sun One Directory Server...

13. Sun ONE Directory Server 5.2