need help setting up NIS on SunOS

Post by Robert McGra » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am running a Solaris 2.6 sparc server running NIS.
I NIS share auto_home.

I need to mount /home directories on a SunOS 4.1.X hosts.

What do I need to do on the SunOS side to have the
automount mount /home directories.

Thanks

Robert

Post by Andrey Ryzho » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I am running a Solaris 2.6 sparc server running NIS.
> I NIS share auto_home.

> I need to mount /home directories on a SunOS 4.1.X hosts.

> What do I need to do on the SunOS side to have the
> automount mount /home directories.

Put a '+' sign in /etc/auto.master and /etc/auto.home,
and make sure the client is running ypbind

Regards,
Andrey