T3 : power supply and rack mount kit

Post by IT adm » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:55:05

Hi ;

My company is getting a used T3 from a sister factory ( interal
transfer ), can anyone give some advise on thses :

1. Are the power supplies ( they are two I think ) auto select ? or do
I have to order new one thatmatch my local voltage ( 240V AC ) ?

2. There are many rack mount kits listed on SUN web page , which is
the one for a non-SUN , standard 19" rack ?

Thank you and have a good day

William T.

T3 : power supply and rack mount kit

Post by Philip Bro » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:20:46

Quote:>Hi ;

>My company is getting a used T3 from a sister factory ( interal
>transfer ), can anyone give some advise on thses :

make sure you know the remaining hours on each of the battteries.
they expire pitifully soon, and if you dont have valid batteries, the unit
turns off the RAM cache.

--
  http://www.blastwave.org/ for solaris pre-packaged binaries with pkg-get
    Organized by the author of pkg-get

                            http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

Post by Axel Neuman » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:10:39

> Hi ;

> My company is getting a used T3 from a sister factory ( interal
> transfer ), can anyone give some advise on thses :

> 1. Are the power supplies ( they are two I think ) auto select ? or do
> I have to order new one thatmatch my local voltage ( 240V AC ) ?

> 2. There are many rack mount kits listed on SUN web page , which is
> the one for a non-SUN , standard 19" rack ?

> Thank you and have a good day

> William T.

Hi,

All modern Sun equipment is auto adjusting to the voltage. You just need the
right power cord.

What rackmount kit you are need is depending what T3 you get.

T3 Workgroup (9 disks) =  X9677A

T3 Enterprise (2 x 9 disks) =  X9667A

HTH,

Axel Neumann

1. Rack-mount server with built-in RAID, redundant power supply, Linux?

Howdy.  My company has been trying to move to redundant hardware solutions
where possible, to reduce potential outages.

We have a couple of rack-mount NT servers that have built-in hot-swap RAID
arrays, redundant power supplies, and redundant network cards with automatic
failover.

I told my boss that I thought several companies sold boxes like the one
described above, but with Linux pre-installed.  However, I'm now having
trouble finding any.  Did I lie, or are they out there?

We'd be trying to keep the cost down as much as possible.  (I suppose we
could do the Linux installation ourselves, if there was a particular server
with the above properties on which Linux was known to work completely.)

Dan Harkless           | NOTE: Due to SPAM I have implemented a caller-ID-

Unitech Research, Inc. | your Subject to bypass or finger me for more info.

2. Renee Teunissen - please come in!

3. 3rd party racks kits for sun 900 series rack.

4. Updating a linux system (SuSE 6.2) when multiple devices are used

5. Will rack kit for 450 fit in APC type racks

6. HELP Solaris 2.4 to Novell Printing

7. V880 rack mount kits

8. Networking without domain name

9. Rack mount kit for 7025-F40 or F50?Recommendations Plz!

10. Brocade 6400 and Sun Expansion Rack - can it be rack mounted ?

11. 1U rack mount switch with power and RJ45 on the same side!

12. What backup power supply can protect the fs against power outage?

13. Differences between Sun Storedge T3 and T3+