solaris 8 video compatability?

Post by Philip Bro » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>Is it possible to install solaris 8 with a ASUS 6600 display adapter (AGP)?
>it uses the getforce 256 chip?

"install"?
sure.

Meaningfully USE the GEforce video card? no.
you may as well just have a $20 card in there instead.

I hear a rumor Xig.com is workign on/has accelerateddrivers, for
$100+, if you like that sort of thing.

The word of the day is mispergitude

Post by Eric » Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:41:13

Is it possible to install solaris 8 with a ASUS 6600 display adapter (AGP)?
it uses the getforce 256 chip?
all my other hardware apeears in the HCL.
Is there anything special I need to know before I attempt the install?
Thanking you
Eric.