Compile in Solaris 7, run in Solaris 6.

Post by Timothy J. L » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

|I have Solaris 7 and gcc 2.8.1 on an Ultra5. Can I compile for Solaris
|6? Will it just work straightaway or is there an option to set? Or am
|I forced to use Sun's C compiler? (Is it even possible for that one?)

There is no Solaris 6.  Do you mean 2.6?

In general, you'll have to set up gcc as a cross compiler in
order to compile for an older version of the OS.

First, install gcc natively on 2.6.  You'll need the libgcc.a
and gcc-modified header files from the native install of gcc.

To configure gcc as a cross compiler, use:

        ./configure --target=sparc-sun-solaris2.6

then follow the cross compiler instructions.  Of course, you then
have to install the Solaris 2.6 libraries and headers in
${prefix}/sparc-sun-solaris2.6, and the gcc-modified header files
and libgcc.a from a Solaris 2.6 computer's native gcc install
in ${prefix}/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.8.1 into the
same named directory on your Solaris 7 computer.

Post by Nishan Krikori » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have Solaris 7 and gcc 2.8.1 on an Ultra5. Can I compile for Solaris
6? Will it just work straightaway or is there an option to set? Or am
I forced to use Sun's C compiler? (Is it even possible for that one?)
The program itself is very straightforward - just a giant
number-crunching routine. Thanks.

Nishan Krikorian

1. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

2. Linux UPS HOWTO

3. Code fragments/plug-ins for solaris?

4. routing with 2 network cards in 1 computer

5. Errors compiling Wingz 1.4 Add-ins (Linux 1.3.99, GCC 2.6)

6. My Monitor is Dead!!!!!

7. Need help with software compiled on Sparc20 Solaris 5.4 running on Sun 450 Solaris 5.6

8. Packet filtering

9. C++ program compiled on Solaris 8 doesn't run on Solaris 2.6

10. Trying Application suite that usually runs on Solaris 8 to run on Solaris 10

12. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

13. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4