root '/' running out of room

Post by Ron » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:21:38

I am trying to install software and I am running out of room on the root
partition. How can I reduce one partition and extend another partition? The
/export/home is pretty big and I want to reduce its size and add it to the
'/' partition, is this possible without losing any data from either
partition? Will 'format' do the trick? Thanks for any help.

--
Ronaldo Quispe
Infocom Systems Services

root '/' running out of room

Post by Ed F. de Guzma » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:34:57

Need to do a backup and complete disk rework - this is cleaner.

Your suggestion will work is the root and /export/home are close to each other
and are on slices 6 and 7. But you would also need to backup, modify the disk
and do a restore.

Good luck!

Ed

> I am trying to install software and I am running out of room on the root
> partition. How can I reduce one partition and extend another partition? The
> /export/home is pretty big and I want to reduce its size and add it to the
> '/' partition, is this possible without losing any data from either
> partition? Will 'format' do the trick? Thanks for any help.

> --
> Ronaldo Quispe
> Infocom Systems Services
> Phone: (732) 632-2688
> Fax: (732) 632- 2904
> www.infocomsystems.com

1. sed -e 's/\'a\'/\';\'/' ?

Hi,

my question is, how can I mask the single
quotation mark in my file for sed

I have a lot of SQL-Loader files of this kind:

cat t55.ctl
load data
infile 't55'
truncate
into table A_220_T55
fields terminated by ';' TRAILING NULLCOLS
(AAA_000_KEY    char ,
B_220_BBB_LFD_NR char ,
AAA_220_BBB     char )

there is given a delimiter ';'

The delimiter should be changed to a.

#!/bin/ksh
#set -x
for file in t*.ctl
do
sed -e 's/;/a/' $file >$file.new
mv $file.new $file
done

That's ok.

Now the delimiter should be rechanged from a to ;.
I'd tried

sed -e 's/\'a\'/\';\'/' $file >$file.new

It doesn't work.

How to mask the single quotation mark inside the sed command?

TIA,

Nele

2. FreeBSD binary compatibility

3. Can 'require' override 'allow'/'deny' (Apache)

4. (no subject)

5. Using symlinks to increase space in the root '/'directory structure

6. Pop3 for solaris: where?

7. root home can only be '/'?

8. using efix for landscape mode

9. Why does 'ls' give '/' as the output?

10. sed and '/' to '\/' conversion.

11. replacing '/' with '\\'

12. Why does 'ls' give '/' as the output?

13. How to do 'tunefs' on '/'