1. /etc/dt/config/Xservers file not being read!!
I have the following entry in my /etc/dt/config/Xservers
Unfortunately this file is not being read, as Xsun is being started up without
the -ar1 and -ar2 options and is being started up with my userid not
root's as above indicates.
How do you get CDE to read /etc/dt/config/Xserver upon logging in? I've
been going by the following to fix the auto-repeat rate in CDE and have
tried logging out and resetting via "Reset Login" from the Options menu.
Document ID: 2598
SYNOPSIS: How to change the keyboard Auto-Repeat rate in CDE
In OpenWindows, it was possible to change the auto-repeat rate of the keyboard
using the -ar1 and -ar2 options. Although "dtstyle" has the ability to control
autorepeating, it can't adjust the rate. How is this done?
The problem here is that, while switching Auto-Repeat on and off can be done
with an "xset" command, the repeat rate itself must be set in the server as it
starts. Thus it is not possible for dtstyle to change it while CDE is running.
Instead it is necessary to change the Xservers file that controls the starting
of the X server.
If /etc/dt/config/Xservers does not exist, create it by copying
/usr/dt/config/Xservers there. Then add "-ar1 <n1> -ar2 <n2>" to the last line,
where <n1> and <n2> are the desired values, thus:
Your actual last line in this file may be different, so take this one as a
Then log out and select "Reset Login" from the Options for these changes to
take effect before the next reboot.
DATE APPROVED: 02/03/99
KEYWORDS: key keyboard auto repeat autorepeat rate -ar
OS RELEASE: 2.6
4. General COBOL question
5. CDE config should source /usr/local/etc/dt/ before /etc/dt/, how ?
6. S3 64V+ (765) & X
7. Difference between XDMCP -query <hostname> and an entry in/usr/dt/config/Xservers ?
8. connecting to the same host through network - which interface?
9. Difference between XDMCP -query <hostname> and an entry in /usr/dt/config/Xservers ?
10. dtwm not finding sys.dtwmrc in /etc/dt/config/$LANG
11. Q: PGx32 /etc/dt/config/
12. /etc/dt/config not being read properly?
13. Fonts for xserver to see "dt-interface" ???