ps to jpg

Post by prg » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:11:01

hello friends,

where can i get any tool which will convert my postscript file into jpg file
(for Sparc solaris 7 & 8)

thanks for any suggestion or idea

regards

Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

ps to jpg

Post by Sheila R. Bryan » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 22:07:12

> hello friends,

> where can i get any tool which will convert my postscript file into jpg file
> (for Sparc solaris 7 & 8)

> thanks for any suggestion or idea

> regards

> Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

Well, there's Ghostscript at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/, Imagemagick
usually at http://www.simplesystems.org/ImageMagick, but I think it's
down at the moment - there are mirrors around the place though. Google
has the list of download mirrors cached - I got there via a search for
'ImageMagick mirror download'. Personally I like ImageMagick. Anything
that lets me convert files by saying

convert file.ps file.jpg

is good in my book!
--

Sheila

Dr. Sheila Bryant                           Software Applications
Support

Phone: 0118 931 6395                        University of Reading,

1. again ps to jpg

hello friends,

my requirement is to convert a postscript file into jpeg file (in Sparc
solaris 7 & 8). I tried sdtimage command
sdtimage -out <output-file> -outType JPEG <input-file> -inType PS .
I tried with different combinations with the help of man sdtimage, but its
failed. Instead of giving error it says Image saveas . For ex. when i say
====
#sdtimage -out /tmp/outfile.jpg -outType JPG /tmp/infile.ps -inType PS
  (from root account)
Image saveas
#
====
thats all it didn't generate any output file. only Image saveas message
displayed, then i tried convert utility (Imagemagick ) after downloading
gs,ghostscript,GSview & other.for Ex

#convert file.ps file.jpg
It takes some time and finally says

convert: JPEG library is not available (file.jpg) [Invalid argument]

I think this need some special jpeg library which i couldn't find out for sparc
solaris 7 & 8 .Is anybody know how to solve the problem or is there any simple
utility to convert ps file into jpeg file.

Thanks for spending your time & advance thanks for your feedback

regards
prg
Submitted via WebNewsReader of http://www.interbulletin.com

2. HELP!:) PPPoE & DSL touble!

3. .ps -> .gif/.jpg ?

4. GCC data alignment - how to turn off ?

5. CLI app: *.jpg -> thumbnail-*.jpg

6. Please Help w/RedHat Install-Boot

7. programmatic conversion from PS, Ileaf, or Frame into .gif or .jpg

8. what is tty?

9. .ps -> .gif/.jpg ?

10. JPG & GIF -> PS

11. How do I print PS with non-PS printer ?

12. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

13. Wide "ps" listings using /bin/ps??