1. LPRng/slackware 3.3, lpd won't start properly on bootup...
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem like this...
I've got two machines running slackware 3.3, and have found that lpd doesn't
start properly on bootup on the print server machine.
For example: if I boot the machine with the printer on it, whilst LPD _is_
running, any attempt to print gives the following:
stubbsy /home/paul 13 > ps -aux | grep LPD
daemon 101 0.0 4.4 1412 676 ? S 14:20 0:00 LPD
stubbsy /home/paul 14 > lpr .cshrc
stubbsy /home/paul 15 > lpq
Queue: 1 printable job
Server: no server active
Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time
Now, if I unspool the job, kill LPD, then restart it with /usr/sbin/lpd,
any prints after that work fine (ie, my printcap file is configured
Has anyone had a problem like this before? I didn't ever have any problems
with lpd back before slackware started supplying LPRng..
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to
reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at
the same time improving their spelling". -- Michael Swaine, Dr. Dobb's Journal
2. Allow users can use kppp on FreeBSD
3. Network Card Won't Start on Bootup!!
4. mpeg2 decompression driver card
5. apache httpd daemon won't start
6. first attempt at restore backup using tar
7. lpd daemon won't start
8. Linux faxserver!
9. NFS Daemon trouble (won't start)
10. talk daemon won't start
11. NetBIOS daemon won't start
12. printer probs daemon won't start
13. Apache daemon won't start