who knows what is language optional software package is on solaris 8?

who knows what is language optional software package is on solaris 8?

Post by hongxun le » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:46:24

Hi,All,
I want to install a qmail system in my Solaris 8,it needs many packages
including :
dot-forward,fastforward,ucspi-tcp,daemontools,qmailanalog,serialmail,mess822
,ezmlm,and qmail1.0.3;
I downloaded these packages,uncompress them,tar them open,then change into
the directory to compile and install,but in some of the packages,when
executing : make or : make setup check command,in the process of compiling
,it failed and says :

/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
make: *** [matchup] Error 1

I don`t know why,because I have edit the conf-cc file ,changed cc to gcc.
please when I am wrong,how to cope with the error.

pls direct,
thanks,

who knows what is language optional software package is on solaris 8?

Post by P » Sat, 25 May 2002 09:44:19

Assuming I read the question properly, you already have gcc installed, which
would make me think /usr/ucb/cc may be in your path prior to gcc. It this
should happen to be the case, adjust your path.

Quote:> Hi,All,
> I want to install a qmail system in my Solaris 8,it needs many packages
> including :

dot-forward,fastforward,ucspi-tcp,daemontools,qmailanalog,serialmail,mess822
Quote:> ,ezmlm,and qmail1.0.3;

Post by Tony Curti » Sat, 25 May 2002 09:49:21

>> On Thu, 23 May 2002 19:46:24 +0800,

> /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not
> installed make: *** [matchup] Error 1

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q5.36

hth
Wait up guys!  I've gotta empty my grass bag.

1. language optional software package not installed

Any good samaritans out there willing to help a novice?  I am running
Solaris 2.5.1 on an UltraSparc.  I have SunSoft's C++ compiler which is
installed and running fine.  However, whenever I try to use Make ... I
get the error message:

/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

I am guessing that I need to tell my machine that the SunSoft compiler
is the default compiler and where it is located?  I have't figured out
how to do that.  Will somebody give me a hint.

Thanks,

Steve Schvaneveldt

2. virtual memory usage command

3. Compilation of Net::SSLeay Perl module fails - "language optional software package" -> ???

4. simple mmap question

5. /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

6. Alpha 164 SX support

7. cc: Language optional software package not installed

8. opdrachten in linux

9. /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed

10. cc says: language optional software package not installed

11. language optional software package not installed

12. /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed