Cypherpunk: lay off the weed, dude

Post by C.A. » Tue, 28 May 2002 22:30:13

It'll rot yer brain!

Super Dude

--
Rhythm and Colour at Park Mooting.  Peredos Last in the Grand Natural.
Velivision victor.  Dubs newstage oldtime turf-tussle, recalling Winny

And here are the details.

        -- Finnegans Wake

Post by Super Dud » Tue, 28 May 2002 23:57:38

> #
> #   It'll rot yer brain!

> Too late!

>     It's up in smoke.

Thought so.

Super Dude

--
Rhythm and Colour at Park Mooting.  Peredos Last in the Grand Natural.
Velivision victor.  Dubs newstage oldtime turf-tussle, recalling Winny
Willy Widger.  Two draws.  Heliotrope leads from Harem.  Three ties.
Jockey the Ropper jerks Jake the*.  Paddrock and bookley chat.

And here are the details.

        -- Finnegans Wake

1. 3 little pigs went wee, wee, wee, all the way home?

Hi,
I've got 3 SCIS disks on a chain.

Can I access via Linux/i386 a SCSI disk that
was formatted under Linux/m68k?

I suspect that Linux on i386 can't read the Master Boot
Record or something since it was originally formatted
under m68k Linux. If so is there a work around?
I'd hate to have to reformat under i386 Linux and
loose months of developement.

 Here's the problem:

 I have an external SCSI disk used solely for
files only, which I use to use in Debian on  a m68k macintosh.
Christiaan's Linux hard drive mounter under MacOS can read this disk
which was low level formatted with Apple's HDSCSetup,
but it seems to only be able do a tar command, but not
gzip, so it barfs trying to tar files  that have been
compressed.

So my project directory can't safely be transferred
over to a mac HFS partition to save my work using that tool. And
for some reason I'm not sure why Debian can no longer read
this SCSI, but it does show up under fdisk in Linux! The
Penguin booter use to show all the partitions on this
disk, but now the "Search for SCSI devices" or whatever
just acknoledges a SCSI disk is present at such and such
an address--I've tried tried all the SCSI chain locations
too, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Brian Wildasinn

2. Redirecting stderr to stdout?

3. Off topic, anyone here a math dude?

4. Graphics Painting question for graphics Gurus.

5. HP lays off IA64 development team

6. VMWare Video, Sound and Modem Drivers ?

7. IBM laying off 9,000 workers. Is Linux jinxed?

8. Solaris 8 and Kerberos Problem

9. VA Linux Systems lays off 35% of its employees

10. compaq lays off 4,000 more

11. IBM laying off 9,000 workers. Is Linux jinxed?

12. What should I choose to lay off Windows?

13. Mandrakesoft lays off plex86 developer, what a bunch of idiots!