Redirecting already open window?

Post by bolt throwe » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:33:40

Might be a silly question.  If I have two workstations, A and B, and I
have an app open in CDE on Workstation A, is there any way to move that
display to Workstation B without closing the app?

Thanks.

--

Post by Lars Tunkran » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:00:08

> Might be a silly question.  If I have two workstations, A and B, and I
> have an app open in CDE on Workstation A, is there any way to move that
> display to Workstation B without closing the app?

> Thanks.

Yes,  using  SUNRAY thinclients  and the HOTDESKING
features which allows you to move the session around
by moving a SmartCard between different SUNRAY's

Or if this are already installed Workstations
it might be a good idea to install  SUNFORUM 3.2 software on
both ofthem. With SUNFORUM  you can collaborate remotely
between several users on the same APP.
Not saying that your APP will perform but it could be worthwile
to at least try it.

SUNFORUM has almost identical funtionality as
MS-NetMeeting if you have used that.

Lars Tunkrans

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 04:10:43

|Might be a silly question.  If I have two workstations, A and B, and I
|have an app open in CDE on Workstation A, is there any way to move that
|display to Workstation B without closing the app?

Not without using a redirecting software such as VNC or xmove (or
replacing the workstations with SunRays and using SunRay hotdesking).

1. redirecting mail already delvered to the spool?

Hi,

Recently our mail server crashed and I set up an alternative one. I now
have the original one back up and would like to send the mail that is
stuck in /var/spool/mail files over to the new machine. I cannot copy it
over as the new machine has an active mail spools. I guess merging the 2
sets of spool files is possible, but a lot of work - was are talking 100
users. Any ideas? We are using sendmail (v8) feeding into procmail.

Elliot

2. IP masquerading under Solaris?

3. X-Windows not redirecting console output to console window

4. SCSI crashes the system

5. Open a web in a _yet_ opened window of netscape?

6. Problem mounting CD tower

7. konqueror/kmail open (in new window) opens local tmp copy

8. Japanese word processing software & font?

9. check out if file is already open

10. How could I know if a file is already opened by a process ?

11. SMTP port already open !?

12. Error: port already open

13. closing then re-opening socket and getting "Address already in use"?