Simple PPP Instructions for Solaris 2.5x86?

Simple PPP Instructions for Solaris 2.5x86?

Post by Blake J. Shellm » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Help!!!

All i want to do is dial out to my ISP with Solaris 2.5x86.
Im running it on a standalone system at home...no other computers attached...no
network cards...just a modem. I have a PPP acccount and i have a Motorola
BitSurfr Pro on com2.

I configured com2...yet when i go into admintool and select 'Modem - Dial Out'
it doesnt stick. The nect time i run admintool its back to 'Terminal Hardwire'.

Also...i've printed out a zillion pages on howto configure Solaris for PPP
yet they all seem so confusing...then i find out some are for Solaris 2.4...2.3
Sparcs....ugggh!

Isnt there a document somewhere on the WWW that instructs and amateur for a
simple configuration for a dynamic PPP dial out on Solaris 2.5x86????

Thanx
Blake J. Shellman

Simple PPP Instructions for Solaris 2.5x86?

Post by John Caywo » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Isnt there a document somewhere on the WWW that instructs and amateur for a
>simple configuration for a dynamic PPP dial out on Solaris 2.5x86????

There are several such documents.  See
  http://www.sun.com/sunworldonline/sunwhere.html

--
 John Caywood, Atlantic Coast Internet Consultants
         ACIC, Inc.  (804)518-9227 voice, 518-9232 FAX

         PGP public key at http://duckdock.acic.com/john/jsc_key.asc

1. Looking for simple ppp instructions.

I have installed LinuxPPC R5 (1999) and now have X working, more or
less. I also installed KDE Network and dependancies. I have kppp
configured in both root and my user account. Resolv.conf is in place
with the appropriate info. In root, an error comes up saying the ppp
interface did not come up.  In my user account, I get an error saying
could not open modem lock file.

Can someone PLEASE give me simple step by step instructions on how to
get ppp working with kppp or ezppp (preferably kppp).

Any and all help appreciated.

2. unable to load Maximum Linux Security CD

3. Cyrix 5x86 FPU better than AMD 5x86 FPU?

4. Functions within a script

5. Q: Linux and Cyrix 5x86 / AMD 5x86

6. Mounting

7. Lexmark 5700 - Simple Instructions

8. Network help please

9. Looking for simple firewall instructions .. fast!

10. HELP!, Need simple instructions to setup DNS.

11. Solaris x86 should use HLT instruction / was: Re: solaris x86 7 as guest?

12. PPP->sol2.5x86 HElP!

13. Solaris PPP connecting to non-Solaris PPP