Screen shots in Solaris2.5.1

Post by eyal havi » Wed, 03 Jan 2001 23:40:10

Hi,All

I need to know is there any tool for Solaris2.5.1 to supply
screen shots ?
If yes , where can I download it ?

Any help will be appreciate.

Thanks,
Eyal.

--
Eyal Haviv.
Product Manager.

Screen shots in Solaris2.5.1

Post by Adam Malone » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 06:28:37

Do you mean in X?  See if you have xwd  - I think it's a standard part
of X-windows.  It lets you dump the entire screen or a single window to
an xpm file.

--
Adam Maloney
Sihope Communications

Screen shots in Solaris2.5.1

Post by Philip Bro » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:32:03

>Do you mean in X?  See if you have xwd  - I think it's a standard part
>of X-windows.  It lets you dump the entire screen or a single window to
>an xpm file.

xpm file???
nope,
X Window Dump File format

man xwd.

bizzare thing about sun image tools:

"sdtimage" **cannot** read xdump format. but the old "imagetool" can.

As can the slightly more useful "display" program, which is part of
the free software  "ImageMagic"
(did it change its name recently, though? sigh...)

Oh.

but ImageMagic/display can also do a window grab itself, directly.

The word of the day is mispergitude

Screen shots in Solaris2.5.1

Post by Adam Malone » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:29:11

Ah...I've only used it once, and I didn't RTFM before I posted, but now
that I look you are correct of course.  It dumps to xwd format.