Shell accounting

Post by Greg Hori » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:04:45

Hey,

I've been trying to figure out what binaries an X-Window tool is calling.
I've been told that there are ways to extract this information through some
shell accounting tools, but I haven't had much luck finding any particular
ones to help out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even just the name of
the appropriate commands could be helpful.

Greg.

Shell accounting

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:59:58

|I've been trying to figure out what binaries an X-Window tool is calling.
|I've been told that there are ways to extract this information through some
|shell accounting tools, but I haven't had much luck finding any particular
|ones to help out. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even just the name of
|the appropriate commands could be helpful.

truss

Shell accounting

Post by Kjetil Torgrim Homm » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:42:29

[Alan Coopersmith]

>   |I've been trying to figure out what binaries an X-Window tool is
>   |calling.  I've been told that there are ways to extract this
>   |information through some shell accounting tools, but I haven't
>   |had much luck finding any particular ones to help out. Does
>   |anyone have any suggestions? Even just the name of the
>   |appropriate commands could be helpful.

>   truss

  truss -a -t exec

to give the OP a little more than he asked for.

Kjetil T.