Adding memory to ultra 60

Post by Stefan Schweize » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:33:32

Hello

I got a ultra 60 with 128 MB memory (RAM). I would extend it with again
128 MB. For this I bought some more memory to at MemoryX (4 pcs of 32 MB
modules). I plugged them in the next empty bank and power on the machine
but it doesn't "seem" the new memory, it still shows only 128 Meg. What
could that the problem be? Should I set some "PROM" settings?

Thanks for any help

Stefan

Adding memory to ultra 60

Post by Stefaan A Eeckel » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:19:03

Quote:> I got a ultra 60 with 128 MB memory (RAM). I would extend it with again
> 128 MB. For this I bought some more memory to at MemoryX (4 pcs of 32 MB
> modules). I plugged them in the next empty bank and power on the machine
> but it doesn't "seem" the new memory, it still shows only 128 Meg. What
> could that the problem be? Should I set some "PROM" settings?

The system should recognise the memory without your needing to change
jumpers or alter OpenBoot settings. Check if the memory is oriented
correctly (the U60 has a diagram on the cover) and seated properly.

Take care,

--
Stefaan (GPG Fingerprint 25D8 551B 4C0F BF73 3283 21F1 5978 D158 7539 76E4)
--

Adding memory to ultra 60

Post by Stefan Schweize » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:50:29

Hi Stefaan

>>I got a ultra 60 with 128 MB memory (RAM). I would extend it with again
>>128 MB. For this I bought some more memory to at MemoryX (4 pcs of 32 MB
>>modules). I plugged them in the next empty bank and power on the machine
>>but it doesn't "seem" the new memory, it still shows only 128 Meg. What
>>could that the problem be? Should I set some "PROM" settings?

>The system should recognise the memory without your needing to change
>jumpers or alter OpenBoot settings. Check if the memory is oriented
>correctly (the U60 has a diagram on the cover) and seated properly.

Thanks, I don't know what I done before. But know I removed all memory
again and inserted it from the "other" side on the empty banks, and now
it works. Thanks for your tip with the diagram because of that i have
seen that I should start from the other side.

Regards

Stefan