remote copy of files : rcp on Solaris 2.5

remote copy of files : rcp on Solaris 2.5

Post by James A. William » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Make sure that on the alpha machine, the file .rhosts is owned by the user and
permissions are 600.  Understand that /etc/hosts.equiv takes precedence over
.rhosts; in other words, if hosts.equiv disallows it, .rhosts won't allow it.

1. copy DOS file on solaris 2.5

Hi, I need to copy files to DOS diskette.  But there is no command "mcopy"
on my machine.  Are there any other similar commands I can try?

Also, I try "cp myfile /dev/diskette", It responds with "device busy". Why
is the case?

Any help is appreciated.

| Zhihui Zhang, http://cs.binghamton.edu/~zzhang |
| Dept. of Computer Science,  SUNY at Binghamton |

2. Porting UNIX applications to NT

3. RCP ACLS extension for Solaris 2.5

4. Equivalent of hostid cmd on Solaris

5. A compressing rcp (remote copy)

6. X based news reader suggestions...

7. Help! Remote copy (rcp) problem

8. getting the subnet mask

9. Question re remote copy (rcp)

10. Why would rcp (remote copy) return anything but zero?

11. Remote Copy (rcp)

12. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops