Which seems to work (except the occasional NIS+ fatal error: 19 brought
up in a previous article).
Now trying to work with secure NFS.
On gypsy.cat:/etc/dfs/dfstab :
share -F nfs -o sec=dh /disk/cache/sekrat
attempting to mount on joel.cat:
# mount -o secure gypsy.cat.pdx.edu:/disk/cache/sekrat /mnt
fsaddtomtab: stat /mnt: Invalid argument
unix: NOTICE: authdes_refresh: unable to encrypt conversation key for user (uid 0), rpc status 16
in addition to :
unix: NOTICE: authdes_refresh: unable to encrypt conversation key for user (uid 11476), rpc status 16
(when going through automount) to syslog.
running snoop on an adjacent host shows a number of NIS+ references :
joel.cat.pdx.edu -> cambot.cat.pdx.edu NIS+ C FindDir "com."
cambot.cat.pdx.edu -> joel.cat.pdx.edu NIS+ R FindDir [Not Found, no such name]
which are the only NIS+ calls made (among normal looking NFS calls,
Manuals/FAQs state that merely setting the "secure" (or "sec=dh") option
on both endds is all that is needed under NIS+ as all the necessary
Relavent entries in nsswitch.conf contain:
passwd: files nisplus
hosts: dns files
on all hosts (hosts map is _empty_).
So what am i overlooking here ?
Eric Berggren | "Parts of this product may be derived from
Portland State University | from UNIX and Berkeley 4.3 BSD systems..."
2. IPX RIP/SAP routing between ppp and eth
3. NIS domain names and DNS domain names not matching.
4. Solaris 8 and ipseckey
5. Must NIS+ domain = DNS domain ??
6. How to merge two columns of numbers from two different files?
7. NIS+ domain VS. DNS domain
8. Yellow Dog Linux
9. NIS+ Sub-Domain client: should it be a member of the master domain AND sub-domain?
10. How to have 2 component NIS+ domain emulate one component NIS domain?
11. NIS using a different domain than the default domain
12. NIS domain like windows domain?
13. ???How An NIS+ Domain Gets Principal Information In Other Domains???