Need help w/ pcomm 2.0.2 on Solaris 2.3

Post by Nick Zajerko-McK » Fri, 27 May 1994 20:13:44

I have compiled pcomm 2.0.2 for a SPARC 10 w/Solaris 2.3.  I seem
to be having trouble getting it to run without core dumps in the
"set up" sub menus.  I believe the problem may reside in the
pcomm.modem configuration file or possibly the /etc/uucp/* files.
If anyone has set up Procomm for Solaris, your help would be greatly
appreciated.

1. Solaris 2.3 and Pcomm

: I'm having trouble getting pcomm, the telecommunications program, to work on my
: sparc 1+ under Solaris 2.3.  The program builds without complaint and
: seems to run okay; it dials the phone and connects properly.  However, after I
: get the remote system's login prompt and try to type a character, the
: process locks up.  On two or three occasions the whole system has locked
: up tight and I have to cycle power.

: I should add that uucp works over the same line with no problem; uucico,
: cu and tip have no problem dialing out, and users are able to dial in.

: Isn't locking up the system a little unusual ?  Has anyone else experienced

I wish I could count the number of times my system (Solaris 2.2) has locked up
during serial I/O. Crappy serial drivers thats all I can say. If you don't
have flow control setup right you'll kill the system everytime, its just
a matter of when.

When are software engineers going to learn how to deal with com hardware???

: this kind of problem, or, better yet, gotten around it ?  Are there any
: other character-based programs for this environment that provide this
: kind of functionality (interactive login and up/downloads) ?  By the way,
: I'm working with pcomm version 2.0.2.

:       thanks - dmt

Bob Atkins

2. WRAPPERS to I/O file operations

3. pcomm running on Solaris 2.3?

4. Floating Point Exception with Linux 2

5. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

6. Netscape == core dump ?

7. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

8. NMap UDP Stealth Scans

9. HELP - Need The Solaris 2.3 equivalent of Solaris 1.1's "bar"

10. Help with Pageview under 2.3 (Re: Display Postscript X Solaris 2.3)

11. Need UDP protocol help for Solaris 2.3

12. Need help with modem/zsmon on Solaris 2.3 (port hang)

13. Help needed with inn-1.4 under Solaris 2.3