looking for 2.5.1 tricks...

Post by Brian Mcgin » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I work where there is a large group installing Solaris 2.5.1 all the
time..are ther any tips and tricks you all are aware of that will make all
the other kids go "Ooooh..Ahhh".. etc?

looking for 2.5.1 tricks...

Post by Charles Stephen » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

 BM> I work where there is a large group installing Solaris 2.5.1 all
 BM> the time..are ther any tips and tricks you all are aware of that
 BM> will make all the other kids go "Ooooh..Ahhh".. etc?

Setup up NIS+ on their network? :)

cfs
--

Software Engineer                 =
Solaris Network Sustaining        = "Take only as directed.  If rash develops,

1. looking for neat timesaving Vi tricks!

I'm looking for neat macros and abbreviations to make editing C and C++
source faster. I'm also after cool stuff that escapes to the shell and
invokes some of the standard utilities to manipulate the file you're
editing.

I've got some good macros myself and would like to exchange my .exrc with
any other people who want to edit faster, so we can all spend less time
infront of a workstation and more time doing other things.

2. Need help with Automake/Autoconf

3. Looking for a email "trick"

4. How do I give phone number information to fingerd?

5. Stupid cat tricks - Anyone have other tricks?

6. keyboard grief

7. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

8. Help with boot/root disks and linux hang up

9. vpn - not sure if its what Im looking for - looking for advice

10. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look

11. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???

12. RH71: Confused Quotas - quotaon looking for quota.user, edquota looking for aquota.user

13. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications