C/C++ Compliler Choice for x86?

Post by TomBas » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I'm in need of a compiler for x86 with a pentium cpu. Sun recently
bundled the pakage with development tools. Naturally the cost
skyrocketed to about $1300.

Does anyone know if there is any other choice? Cygnus Support
(GNU) does not support the platform. Please reply to:

Thanx

1. Can SPARC complilers generate x86 code?

We have the latest compilers from Sun (v4.2).  I'm searching the docs,
but can't seem to find any word on whether or not said compilers will
generate x86 code.  Can it be done, or do I need to buy the x86
compiler?

--
Peter Laws    N5UWY      |        Assistant Sun System Administrator
plaws nssl noaa gov      |     National Severe Storms Lab, Norman, Okla

2. Server Performance testing...

3. Logging incoming, outgoing packet on firewall, good choice or bad choice ?

4. Problems with grub

5. -=[Question: PC UNIX OS choices: What are the best choices and why?]=-

6. Autoconf/automake problem

7. compliler: any gnu binaries

8. Slackware install on Thinkpad360 hangs, asking for ramdisk floppy

9. The "safe" choice (w2K) the wrong choice...

10. Choices, choices...

11. where can I find: SPARCWorks Compiler C/C++ 4.2 for x86

12. Precompiled gcc, cc, c++ for Solaris x86

13. VisualAge C++ for x86 Solaris?