GNU libg++ for Solaris 2.2

Post by Jeff Kopman » Fri, 21 Jan 1994 12:10:37

Has anyone gotten libg++ to work from GNU?  We're having terribly problems
due to a "missing" cc1plus program, that never came with the GNU binaries
and that no one seems to know about.  Any clues here?

Thanx,
-Jeff.  :)

--

Organizer of the Linux Software Map (LSM)   |  phone: (313) 393-4784 (work)
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."  -Willy Wonka

GNU libg++ for Solaris 2.2

Post by Liz Fra » Sun, 23 Jan 1994 05:02:46

>Has anyone gotten libg++ to work from GNU?  We're having terribly problems
>due to a "missing" cc1plus program, that never came with the GNU binaries
>and that no one seems to know about.  Any clues here?

>Thanx,
>-Jeff.  :)

>--

>Organizer of the Linux Software Map (LSM)   |  phone: (313) 393-4784 (work)
>"So shines a good deed in a weary world."  -Willy Wonka

Hi Jeff.  I just finished doing exactly this.  What you will have to do
is reinstall gcc with the C++ option.  To do this you will need the gcc
compiler that you have now to compile the new one.  The INSTALL file
will give you better instructions than I can.

I assume you can get the gcc source from the same site you got the
libg++ stuff.

Good luck.

GNU libg++ for Solaris 2.2

Post by Jeff Kopman » Mon, 24 Jan 1994 15:28:34

: >Has anyone gotten libg++ to work from GNU?  We're having terribly problems
: >due to a "missing" cc1plus program, that never came with the GNU binaries
: >and that no one seems to know about.  Any clues here?

: Hi Jeff.  I just finished doing exactly this.  What you will have to do
: is reinstall gcc with the C++ option.  To do this you will need the gcc
: compiler that you have now to compile the new one.  The INSTALL file
: will give you better instructions than I can.
: I assume you can get the gcc source from the same site you got the
: libg++ stuff.

Thanks, Liz.  That seems to confirm what I've been getting in my mail.

-Jeff.  :)