The "groups" command does not show all groups

The "groups" command does not show all groups

Post by Alla » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 06:46:37

Hi everyone,

We have NIS server running Solaris 2.6(Ultra 60) and some NIS clients
running Solaris 7(Ultra 10).
After I reboot NIS client and use command "groups username",it doesn't
show all user's groups.Only show part of them.

What I do is: reboot them again(sometimes reboot 3 time or more
).After that it'll work normal.

Is it bug for Solaris 7?Is there is way to solve it without reboot?

Thanks in advance,

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:

  Monday
  September 17, 2001
  6:30pm - 9:30pm

The meeting will be held at:

  Z-World, Inc.
  2900 Spafford Street
  Davis, CA 95616

The topic will be:

  Netfilter
  presented by Jan Wynholds

  Netfilter is a powerful suite of applications built to replace the
  older firewall administration suite, "ipchains."

  NAT, packet filtering, masquerading, and forwarding will be discussed.
  Linux Kernel modules, userland programs, and hand-tailored scripts will
  be discussed as well.  Come with the desire to fill your electronic
  'moat' with filtering 'crocodiles'.

Also, a mini-presentation will be made:

  screen
  presented by Gabriel Rosa

  "screen" is a screen manager that multiplexes a physical terminal
  between several processes.  Each virtual terminal provides the
  functions of a DEC VT100 terminal (and more), a scrollback history,
  and you can cut and paste between terminals.

For details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/zworld/

LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.

Please visit our website for details:

  http://www.lugod.org/

-bill!

http://www.lugod.org/

2. Using groups - newgrp, how?

3. The significance of group "nobody" or user "nobody"

4. Can't get outside my subnet

5. NCSA 1.3 "User" and "Group" fields being ignored ... help ?

6. Cannot configure DNS server with Linuxconf on rh7

7. Install Linux Redhat 5.2 with other "passwd" and "group" files

8. autogen.sh fails for eveything?

9. User "tty" in group "tty"

10. ksh: grouping in "sed" and "for"

11. Users are "group" or "other"?

12. RFI: Pls explain "Users" and "Groups" concepts/application

13. "netstat -nr" should show "default" or "0.0.0.0"?