1. LOCAL: [Davis, CA] Sep. 17 Linux User Group: "Netfilter" & "screen"
The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD), will be holding a meeting on:
September 17, 2001
6:30pm - 9:30pm
The meeting will be held at:
2900 Spafford Street
Davis, CA 95616
The topic will be:
presented by Jan Wynholds
Netfilter is a powerful suite of applications built to replace the
older firewall administration suite, "ipchains."
NAT, packet filtering, masquerading, and forwarding will be discussed.
Linux Kernel modules, userland programs, and hand-tailored scripts will
be discussed as well. Come with the desire to fill your electronic
'moat' with filtering 'crocodiles'.
Also, a mini-presentation will be made:
presented by Gabriel Rosa
"screen" is a screen manager that multiplexes a physical terminal
between several processes. Each virtual terminal provides the
functions of a DEC VT100 terminal (and more), a scrollback history,
and you can cut and paste between terminals.
For details on this meeting, visit:
For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:
LUGOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Linux Operating System,
and which holds meetings twice a month in Davis, CA.
Meetings are always free, and open to the public.
Please visit our website for details:
2. Using groups - newgrp, how?
3. The significance of group "nobody" or user "nobody"
4. Can't get outside my subnet
5. NCSA 1.3 "User" and "Group" fields being ignored ... help ?
6. Cannot configure DNS server with Linuxconf on rh7
7. Install Linux Redhat 5.2 with other "passwd" and "group" files
8. autogen.sh fails for eveything?
9. User "tty" in group "tty"
10. ksh: grouping in "sed" and "for"
11. Users are "group" or "other"?
12. RFI: Pls explain "Users" and "Groups" concepts/application
13. "netstat -nr" should show "default" or "0.0.0.0"?