CDE TT_ERR_NO_MATCH

Post by F. Eggenberge » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I've recently installed CDE 1.0.2 on my Solaris 2.4 x86 Box. The
Installation completed without any error, however, part of the Desktop
Applications, such as the FileManager and ApplicationManager, cannot be
started. Instead the message "TT_ERR_NO_MATCH No handler could be found
for this message, and the disposition was not queue or start" is
displayed. Any idea?

Thanks,

Florian
   Dr. F. Eggenberger        |   Systems Engineer, PhD

1. CDE Problems - TT_ERR_NO_MATCH Logoff

Has anyone setup their clients to pull all CDE settings from one CDE
server?

Clients running rpc.ttdbserverd in inetd.conf are not letting users log
off the system without getting a "TT_ERR_NO_MATCH" error.  Then an admin
has to kill the user's Xsun process to kick them off the system.  The
CDE server ALWAYS has to have Xsun killed for root or others to log off
of it.  Clients, somethings.

Configuration:

All Solaris 2.6 clients and servers OR all 2.8 client / servers.
Both OSes do it. Must be how I have them setup.

Server:  /etc/dt is shared out read/only or read/write
clients: /etc/dt automounts to server:/etc/dt

So all clients have same desktop without editing more than one machine.

I've Tried... almost EVERYTHING, obviously NOT everything.

Loaded all patches.  Seamed to happen after we loaded dtlogin patches.
If I backed out of ALL patches, I could log off ok.  But There's no
mention of dtlogin patch causing that at sunsolve.  Currently at
105703.-22 for dtlogin and 105802-12 for tooltalk.

Total understanding of the relationship between CDE and tooltalk is
still clouded. Currently reading entire CDE admin manual as I type this.

Should there be more than one TT_DB directory used on a client or on the
file server or CDE server?  file server (home dirs) is CDE server.

DO I NEED TOOLTALK TO RUN CDE CORRECTLY.  All machines know each other
via NIS.

All apps are run from an automount point /usr/local/ to app server.

Everything runs fine, EXCEPT logging off.  Really a pain.  And some how
I've duplcated it in Solaris 8.  How did I do that?

Could there be something in the /etc/dt/configs that could cause this to
happen.

I really need help with this one.  SunSolve has not been much help to me
or others that have complained about this.

Chris Scarff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. still having trouble!!

3. CDE, CDE, CDE, --- !@#%^*_(!#$

4. netatalk on linuxPPC

5. TT_ERR_NO_MATCH error when suspending a Sparc10/Solaris machine

6. Problem backing up with Taper-6.9

7. TT_ERR_NO_MATCH

8. GTK+

9. SPARC Solaris 2.6/CDE 1.2 Sun CDE extension question

10. CDE/1.2 (Solaris/2.6) vs CDE/1.0.2 (Solaris/2.5.1) -- Login-Screen Question

11. Looking for WindowList for CDE... and some TriTeal CDE bug reports too!

12. CDE ; How to remove the exit button on my CDE taskbar