news server

Post by Erbug Celeb » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi All,

Im new on Sun/Solaris2.6.1. And I need to make the system
to work as news server. But  I dont know what to do.
What should I do? Please send me any idea or link?

Thanks in advance.

Erbug Celebi    |

Bornova,Izmir    |
35100, TURKEY    |

news server

Post by Mike Leckey, J » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi All,

> Im new on Sun/Solaris2.6.1. And I need to make the system
> to work as news server. But  I dont know what to do.
> What should I do? Please send me any idea or link?

> Thanks in advance.

Run INN.  Check out http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~barr/INN.html for
more info.

--
Mike Leckey, Jr.                        AlliedSignal Engines
rml at phxase dot allied dot com        Phoenix, AZ

news server

Post by c.. » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > Hi All,

> > Im new on Sun/Solaris2.6.1. And I need to make the system
> > to work as news server. But  I dont know what to do.
> > What should I do? Please send me any idea or link?

> > Thanks in advance.

> Run INN.  Check out http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~barr/INN.html for
> more info.

Also, pick up a copy of "Managing Usenet" from O'Reilly. (Info at
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/musenet/)

I just set up a news server running INN (on Sol x86) and the book
was a great help.

chad

1. help:feeding news to local news server

Hi all;

I am running redhat 6.2. My ISPs news server is news.adelaide.on.net
and my local news server is gtech. My news server is setup with innd
and pine and I can connect to my ISPs news server with slrn -h
news.adelaide.on.net.

How ddo I setup my system so my local news server will be feed news
from my ISPs news server. I perferr to only use whats available from
the redhat cdrom.

--Regards       David. E. Goble
             goble [AT] kin.net.au
          http://www.kin.net.au/goble
Po Box 648 Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, SA 5223

2. Unix system administrators test

3. Linux as a news server with C-news

4. Bowman Problems

5. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

6. dtksh (ksh 93) timed read

7. Mail 2 News for Netscape News server

8. Burned Switch

9. INN/nntp - news server for internal news?

10. in innd news server how to set some user can kill news ?

11. Problem with slrn news client and news server

12. news server software that "pulls" from another server?

13. news server + mail server