Wu-ftp anonymous server problem.

Post by pcma » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:11:50

Dear all,

My OS is Solaris8 (x86) + Companion CD

I would like to ask on linux,

anonymous server directory point to /var/ftp.

but how about solairs 8 ??

the anonymous server directory point to WHERE???

although i mkdir /var/ftp by myself, ftp client unable to login.

What is the problem???

Post by Tan Zheng D » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:12:46

> Dear all,

> My OS is Solaris8 (x86) + Companion CD

> I would like to ask on linux,

> anonymous server directory point to /var/ftp.

> but how about solairs 8 ??

> the anonymous server directory point to WHERE???

> although i mkdir /var/ftp by myself, ftp client unable to login.

> What is the problem???

The directory could be anywhere - you define it as the ftp user's home
directory (on Linux it is user 'ftp').

--
tzd.

1. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

Hi folks!

   I have been trying to limit my ftp server to 2 users.  In addition, I
want to remove anonymous users altogether.  This is what I have done:

  1) added anonymous and guest to /etc/ftpusers
  2) removed anonymous and guest from the "class" line of /etc/ftpaccess

  3) added the following lines to /etc/ftpaccess:
                   defaultserver private
                   defaultserver deny *
                   defaultserver allow <user1> <user2>

However, when I ftp to the machine and enter "anonymous" as the
username, I still receive the following:
       331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as
password.

I would like the utility to state something like:  anonymous users not
permitted

Can this be done with wu-ftp?
Did I do the "right" things above when trying to prevent anonymous
access?

Thank you for your help.

Regards
   Dennis

2. diamond sound card and cd

3. wu-ftp ls problems with non-anonymous users and pc clients

4. hole in qpopper

5. wu-ftp anonymous access and uploading...

6. Unix for Vax 8800

7. Setting up wu-ftp for anonymous downloads and secured uploads

8. How to install on Notebook if the media id a CD (ODT 3.0)?

9. Anonymous wu-ftp Woes...

10. Wu-FTP : how chrooted anonymous in a public dir

11. Anonymous config for wu-ftp -> /etc/passwd

12. Which ftp server wu-ftp or proftpd?

13. help: running ftp server with wu-ftp