1. attempt to free, allready freed memory .. rfc
As allways, i have a problem. Thus i want ask you for comment.
Today i had a strange problem with my customers program. It is very
fresh soft, and they are still strugling with it (developing i meant :-)
). But they were stucked on very strange problem.
[explanation of problem in program- ommited]
Problem it self.
this code will be an example.
void dosomething_with_data(doom *d)
// .... doing some fancy operations
// this program is just not doing anything important :-)
// plenty of lines and finally ........
// now i will get strange behavior in other structures
// seems like it is a memory leak.....
well, finding this error in somebody software was not easy.
Finaly i tested simmilar behavior on windows, and... it was not better.
But under compilation with m$ comiler in debug mode gived me assert on
first attempt to free allready freed memory.
Is this behavior system has to take ? (i mean segfault)
which options for gcc i have to use to get assertion in case of such
error (i guess malloc seats in glibc, thus debug version of this liblary
might have this). But i am not sure. Waiting for comments.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. DHCP and my Cable Modem.
3. free memory ALWAYS goes down showing by top and free
4. do u know
5. Free memory not free ??? Pls Hlp!
6. OK, I"m willing to try one more distro...
7. "free" in vmstat is not free memory page scanner sees, is it?
8. news offers linux support
9. free memory and actual memory installed...
10. How to check the amount of free memory in share memory
11. Cached memory vs free memory
12. 32 Meg Memory+64 Meg Swap = No free Memory
13. Free memory, memory usage