boot disk solaris 2.6 intel

Post by Rafa Gradoli Conejer » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello everybody.
I'm trying to install a Solaris 2.6 on a Intel machine, but my
installation disk dont work.
Where can I get a new one?
Can I generate a new one trought the distribution CDs?
Thank you very much.

Rafael Gradol.
Valencia.
Spain.

boot disk solaris 2.6 intel

Post by AIXMight » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

http://access1.sun.com/drivers/driverMain.html

Orphy! :-)
Dallas, TX

Quote:>Hello everybody.
>I'm trying to install a Solaris 2.6 on a Intel machine, but my
>installation disk dont work. =

>Where can I get a new one?
>Can I generate a new one trought the distribution CDs?
>Thank you very much.

>Rafael Gradol=ED.
>Valencia.
>Spain.

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. dtterm problems

3. 2.6 intel version boot disk

4. ncpfs : I/O Errors???? Help!!!

5. 4GB UDMA hard disk and solaris 2.6 for intel

6. DGUX Problem

7. How to boot to single user on Intel Solaris 2.6

8. ISDN in Redhat 7

9. How to create boot disk for solaris 2.6

10. Booting Solaris 2.6 x86 from hard disk

11. Solaris 2.6 doesn't boot if external disk attached

12. Boot Disks solaris 2.6

13. Automatic Boot disk for Solaris X86 2.6??