process memory allocation

Post by Jiong Wan » Mon, 08 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Does any unix guru out there know how to change the memory allocation
limit for a process? We are using a sun solaris machine, and once a
process get over 250MB, it complains about out of memory even though we
have 512MB physical memory.

Thanks very much,

Jiong

1. Process/Memory Allocation Problems

Hey,

        I've got a serious problem with a database application (AceDB) on a
SS10/Sol2.4 with 32Mb.  Whenever one of my users starts doing any
serious searching or works with a big data-set the program dumps with a
memory allocation error and tells me it can't create any new processes.

        No problemo, says I, and I start tweeking up maxusers.  Problem is, no
matter how high I set maxusers, max_nprocs, and/or maxuprc the thing
still crashes.  I've also tried playing with lotsfree to open up more
pages to no avail.  The same app runs like a dream on a SS20/Sol2.5 with
64Mb without needing any plugs in /etc/system.

        Is there something stupid I'm over-looking here?  Any help greatly
appreciated.

        Thanks!
        Dan.

--
Dan Rohwer-Nutter
The University of Wisconsin

2. Synchronize 2 IMAP servers?

3. Memory allocation and de-allocation

4. Yikes swap space nearly used up!!!!

5. addressable memory allocation per process

6. what does .bz2 mean?

7. Memory allocation for running process

8. Gurus: why x-window is slower than MS windows?

9. question about process memory usage and process memory limits

10. memory allocation by OS memory manager

11. Infinite memory?!? Memory allocation bug with gcc?

12. Retrieving memory info of 64bit processes from 32bit processes

13. If a process occupies huge memory, how it affect other process?