Solaris TCP stack adjustments - repost

Post by Larry Bus » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi folks

Under 2.6 I would like to adjust the specific TCP parameters
that control the speed at which connections time out between
client and server when the connection is lost (i.e. comm
line drops out). I've adjusted tcp_keepalive_interval to 10
secs and this helped alot (timeouts from hours to minutes).
I think what needs to be adjusted for our app are the number
of retries and the time delay between retries, but I am not
sure of their names or how they are adjusted (via ndd?)

This app was migrated from SunOS to Solaris and actually
used to modify the SunOS TCP header files with the
appropriate values and rebuild the SunOS kernel. The lack of
CM and the fact that nobody can remember the values or wrote
them down is causing us to try and figure it all out again.

Thanks in advance for the help

Larry Buss

Solaris TCP stack adjustments - repost

Post by Andrew Garma » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Try:

http://www.ebsinc.com/solaris/tcp_faq.html
http://www.rvs.uni-hannover.de/people/voeckler/tune/EN/tune.html

Best Regards,

Andrew Garman

> Hi folks

> Under 2.6 I would like to adjust the specific TCP parameters
> that control the speed at which connections time out between
> client and server when the connection is lost (i.e. comm
> line drops out). I've adjusted tcp_keepalive_interval to 10
> secs and this helped alot (timeouts from hours to minutes).
> I think what needs to be adjusted for our app are the number
> of retries and the time delay between retries, but I am not
> sure of their names or how they are adjusted (via ndd?)

> This app was migrated from SunOS to Solaris and actually
> used to modify the SunOS TCP header files with the
> appropriate values and rebuild the SunOS kernel. The lack of
> CM and the fact that nobody can remember the values or wrote
> them down is causing us to try and figure it all out again.

> Thanks in advance for the help

> Larry Buss

1. Solaris TCP stack adjustments

Hi folks

Under 2.6 I would like to adjust the specific TCP parameters
that control the speed at which connections time out between
client and server when the connection is lost (i.e. comm
line drops out). I've adjusted tcp_keepalive_interval to 10
secs and this helped alot (timeouts from hours to minutes).
I think what needs to be adjusted for our app are the number
of retries and the time delay between retries, but I am not
sure of their names or how they are adjusted (via ndd?)

This app was migrated from SunOS to Solaris and actually
used to modify the SunOS TCP header files with the
appropriate values and rebuild the SunOS kernel. The lack of
CM and the fact that nobody can remember the values or wrote
them down is causing us to try and figure it all out again.

Thanks in advance for the help

Larry Buss

2. Cirrus Logic 5430 PCI XFree86 accelerated drivers?

3. Packets from bottom of TCP/IP stack direct to application bypassing stack

4. Problem installing mod_auth_mysql

5. Solaris TCP traffic extremely slow when connecting via SLIP ( repost )

6. How to check the OS block size ??

7. TCP/IP stack in Solaris 2.5.1

8. Why is it always trying to respwan?

9. Slow Slow Solaris 2.5 TCP stack

10. Solaris 2.6/Lotus Notes TCP Stack overflow

11. TCP window size adjustment?

12. demystifying process stack vs. java thread stack on solaris

13. NFS & Stacked filesystems (A repost)