Ultra 5 memory query?

Post by Julian Holle » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 08:15:18

Hi all - I've just installed solaris 10 on a Ultra 5 machine with 256Mb
of memory.  It appears that this is not enough memory to run with X &
CDE without using virtual memory, i.e. nearly all of this memory is
consumed just running the machine. (it seems very slow to run any large)

My query is :- The unit has 2 x 128Mb modules, is it possible to mix
these with 256Mb modules?
If I buy 2 x 256Mb to give me 512Mb, can I add my old modules in the
remaining empty slots to give 768Mb?

i.e. is it possible :-

slot 1 = 256
slot 2 = 256