Need to setup a terminal that monitors serial port

Need to setup a terminal that monitors serial port

Post by John W. Hil » Sun, 01 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I am running Solaris 2.5 on a Sparc 5.  I would like to know if there is
any software available that will emulate an ansi terminal similar to that
of Terminal in Windows.  We have a microprocessor based data system that we
would like to attach to a serial port so that we can monitor it's boot
sequence which is ascii text.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Using a serial terminal as a monitor port while running solaris 8 X86 ......

Hello All,

I use the serial terminal's (i.e. tty A) as my console for my Sun hardware
and it works great.  Now I have a project that is requiring us to x86 and my
lightwave console server 3200 doesn't work with the serial port on the
Compaq DL360 server running solaris 8 x86.

Has anyone ever had success setting up a serial port on a Intel based server
to act as the monitor while running x86?  I don't know if this will ever
work, since the serial port on the Intel server is probably not designed to
act as a video port, however, before I give up, I want to exhaust all
resources.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Backup servers, possible ??

3. set-up for mac 2 linux serial-port terminal?

4. package list question

5. Lap top serial port to terminal emulater HOW TO SETUP???

6. UltraSparc & displaycards + SuSe7.3

7. need help with linux setup for adding serial terminal and modem on IPX

8. Printing Problems! Help!

9. Serial Terminal Setup help needed

10. Need some help with monitoring serial port

11. NEEDED: Graphical Serial port monitor for XFree86

12. advice on ioctl and serial ports; creating port monitor

13. Palm setup & serial port setup???