Long hosts.allow

Post by Eric Erlands » Mon, 08 Jul 1996 04:00:00

My hosts.allow is too long, apparently.  Entries near the bottom of it no
longer work, but if I move them closer to the top, they're just fine.  Does
anyone know how long a hosts.allow can be, and how to increase this limit?
I'm runnung 5.5.

--
-Eric

1. Allowing IP Range in hosts.allow

I'm setting up an ldap server with tcp wrapper support, and I want to
enable it only for those users within my given IP range, and deny it
for all others.  What is the proper terminology for
the /etc/hosts.allow file.    The machine I have it on does not have
access to do DNS lookups, so it needs to be in IP address format and
not expressed as a domain.

right now I have slapd: ALL : ALLOW, but I don't want that.

I'd appreciate any insights.
Thanks,
Brian Seppanen

AREA 54 the secret government disco labs in Provo Utah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. USB CD Setup Problem

3. tcpwrappers / hosts.allow not allowing in domains

4. Redhat 9.0 dhcp client & windows 2003 dhcp server: dynamic dns update

5. 1.3.3: allow IP works but allow host name doesn't???

6. Q: Failed to init PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter

7. How to allow access from a range of ip address in /etc/hosts.allow

8. exabyte mammoth2 problem ?

9. "host to network long long"

10. HELP with tcp_wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny

11. hosts.allow /hosts.deny

12. host.allow and host.deny config help Please

13. Portmap not reading hosts.allow and hosts.deny?