is Samba working or something similar on Solaris ?

is Samba working or something similar on Solaris ?

Post by Patrice Bruha » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to know if Samba is working on Solaris 2.6 and 2.7, and if no
is there a similar program to share resources between Solaris and
Windows ? (a Unix program, not a Window program)

Thanks

is Samba working or something similar on Solaris ?

Post by Super-Use » Fri, 18 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Yes, SAMBA works on Solaris 2.6, I just set up one and it is sharing files
with my NT domain.

-Ya

> I'd like to know if Samba is working on Solaris 2.6 and 2.7, and if no
> is there a similar program to share resources between Solaris and
> Windows ? (a Unix program, not a Window program)

> Thanks

1. Am I doing something wrong?? - (SAMBA)

I need to use login script in the Samba.

- When clients (win95) do the login, it must be done automatically the
mapping of network drives, according with their passwords. For example:
The user "user" have access just to directory "projects" and "general".
So, when he does the login, these maps must be loaded.
P.S.: The Samba configuration is working perfectly (when I do the maps
manually).
I need this configuration because the users are always in different
machines and this way they won't need to do the map manually in each
logon.

My smb.conf is :  (I'm going to specify just the items about the login
script)
[Global]
local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
logon script = %U.bat
login path = \\%L\netlogon
netbios name = suporte

[Netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
read only = no
share modes = no

Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks in advance,

Ana.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Can I use NATD (Network Address Translation) under Linux?

3. something similar to loginlog in solaris

4. Wabi and America Online

5. SAMBA mysteriously stopped working - something about being a master browser

6. Display AnswerBook on X11R5

7. C system call to check for a process by name (something similar to ps)

8. modem question

9. MouseIMP or something similar?

10. kinternet or something similar for Red-Hat

11. Something similar to Sniffer

12. How to setup something similar to Network Neighborhood?

13. rdist or something similar