Solaris/x86 features/3rd-party software questions

Solaris/x86 features/3rd-party software questions

Post by David C. Nie » Wed, 22 Dec 1993 06:52:46

I need to determine the availability of certain features for Solaris/x86:

1)      Is it going to support multiple processors in 2.4 (in the spring?)?

2)      Is there any product that provides disk mirroring under Solaris/x86?
        I know on SPARC there is Online:Disksuite.

3)      Is there a product to check for and remove viruses?  I know this
        sounds stupid, but it's a requirement...I know on SPARC there is
        RAXCO (3rd party).

4)      Is Oracle available for Solaris/x86?

5)      Are multiple simultaneous Ethernet interfaces supported?

Thanks, please E-Mail:
---

1. HP-UX 9.x 3rd-party backup software

I am looking for 3rd-party tape backup software for HP-UX 9.x.  I have
heard praise for a package called OmniBack, but do not know the name of
the company that provides this.  I would appreciate hearing about others'
experience with OmniBack.  I would appreciate learning of other packages
available for HP-UX 9.x.

2. Hardware and Linux - Setting the Record Straight

3. Questions: Seeking 3rd party software

4. EtherExpress woes with 1.2.0

5. PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

6. Trying to write and ANSI detection routine for Linux BBS

7. 3rd-party video support?

8. Looking for something like CU

9. 3rd-party sources: bleat for help (FAQ list?)

10. 3rd-party peripherals (disk) for RS/6000's

11. 2.5.43 cciss, retry 3rd-party aborted commands

12. Q: What is proper way to add 3rd-party application to startup /shutdown scripts

13. Apache 3rd-party module install problem