Clone Solaris Machines

Post by Freewwwe » Sun, 16 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am looking a way to easily clone or restore Solaris machines for lab
environment.
On intel platform, we can use "Ghost" software to clone Windows machine.
In Solaris paltform, any similar software to do so?

Thanks!

Tony Lai

Clone Solaris Machines

Post by Martin Hepwort » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am looking a way to easily clone or restore Solaris machines for lab
> environment.
> On intel platform, we can use "Ghost" software to clone Windows machine.
> In Solaris paltform, any similar software to do so?

> Thanks!

> Tony Lai

Tony

have a look at jumpstart

martin

Clone Solaris Machines

Post by Steve K » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Or try using dd (even quicker than jumpstart, and easier)

Steve

>> Hi,

>> I am looking a way to easily clone or restore Solaris machines for lab
>> environment.
>> On intel platform, we can use "Ghost" software to clone Windows machine.
>> In Solaris paltform, any similar software to do so?

>> Thanks!

>> Tony Lai

>Tony

>have a look at jumpstart

>martin

1. quota problems between solaris and solaris machines, and solaris and sunos4.1.3 machines.

  Does anyone know how to get disk quotas working for NFS mounted
filesystems?

  'quota -v' shows the disk quotas, but it does not stop users
from exceeding their disk quota.

  Our setup is that we have a solaris (Sparc 1000) as our home
directory server.  Those filesystems are mounted on 2 user machines,
a 690 running SunOS 4.1.3, and a Sparccenter 2000 running Solaris 2.3.

  Quotas work on neither machine.

  Another item that may be important is that the NFS server is a
non-user machine.  i.e., no users are allowed to login (i.e.
/etc/passwd entries, but no /etc/shadow entries.  this is for
quotacheck and accounting.)

NFS server and SunOS4.1.3/Solaris2.3 NFS clients.

post or send email.  I'll summarise and post email responses.

--

"Liberty means responsibility.   <>
That is why most men dread it."  <>  I'd rather be a free man in my grave,

2. Mandrake 7.2 network problems - can't ping

3. Best way to clone a machine

4. Upgrade/Install onto a new machine

5. Cloning FreeBSD machines

6. upgrade with sysinstall

7. FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE on a machine with two ISA AT/LANTIC NE2000 clones

8. cannot do shutdown--RH6.0

9. clone a machine

10. Cloning a PCI machine to MCA

11. dhcpd and cloned Machines

12. Cloning SCO Machines

13. suggestions for cloning / setting up (many) machines