Solaris newsreader

Post by Paul W. Campbe » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a newsreader for use in Solaris close in functionality
to the win 3.x version of Agent?

We don't have a newsserver here at work, so I'd like to be able to
access another newsserver.

Thanks!

Paul

1. Pan Newsreader - Solaris 8 Problem

I successfully built and installed Pan 0.13.3 newsreader from source code
on Solaris 8 in January with gcc 3.2.1.

In February, the Pan configuration source (0.13.4) was changed to require
that time. No problem there.

The big problem though is that Pan source > 0.13.4 consistently refuses to
complete configure step because it cannot find Gnet. I have tried this
repeatedly with several versions of latest release of Gnet since February
and the problem is consistent. Executable and library search paths are OK.

This is very frustrating.

Is it just me?

--
Rob

o`o?,??,?o`o??o`o?,??,?o`o??o`oo`o

2. Slow login problem.

3. Newsreader for Solaris 2.4

4. Snooping a process?

5. Off-line newsreader for Solaris

6. BJ200 Eats 3 Last Lines In Linux, Not Dos

7. 'tin' newsreader for Solaris?

8. smbclient -L and Windows 2000

9. HELP: problem building newsreader on Solaris

10. knews and tin newsreader packages for Solaris Intel/SPARC

11. X-windows threaded newsreader for Solaris

12. A good newsreader for Solaris 8?

13. good newsreader for solaris