Solaris 2.6 x86 installation fail !?

Post by Lai Kim F » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I have try to install a brand new solaris 2.6 x86 wk into
a HP Netserver LDPro.

After booting from the boot disk, I have been asked to
choose whether to boot from harddisk, Cdrom or network.

When I check either harddisk or cdrom, the following error comes out

Does anyone have come across this error before?

I would be much appreicated for every reply.

Thanks.
====
Philip Lai         |   Chevalier (Internet) Ltd.

--
====
Philip Lai         |   Chevalier (Internet) Ltd.

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. WILL A Paralell Port Zip drive work under linux?

3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

4. HPFS - read-only, is there a read-write version?

5. Solaris 2.6 for x86 fails with device configuration.

6. Advice needed on Linux set-up

7. Solaris 2.6 x86 Jumpstart install failing

8. RAM drive on Encore Multimax (bsd4.3)?

9. Solaris 2.6 x86 Installation error

10. Using Solaris 2.6 x86 for multi-OS installation

11. Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

12. Solaris 2.6 for x86 installation

13. how do I create a Solaris x86 2.6 installation CD with my software on it?