Comparing performance SunOS 4.1.3 vs. Solaris 2.3 on Sparc LX ???

Comparing performance SunOS 4.1.3 vs. Solaris 2.3 on Sparc LX ???

Post by w » Thu, 30 Jun 1994 21:30:54

I am looking for all kind of information comparing  the  perform-
ance  of SunOS 4.1.3 vs. Solaris 2.3 on Sparc LX machines, inclu-
ding:

- general comparision
- data for different workloads (TCP/IP performance, NFS, IPC, ...)
- typical applications (compiling C source, quality of generated code)
- anything else

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,  because
that would  also stop you from doing clever things."     -- Doug Gwyn

1. soft interrupt problems on a SPARC LX under Solaris 2.3

Trying to use soft interrupts to service highlevel interrupts on a SPARC LX
under Solaris 2.3 I have two problems:

1) As I have to handle two highlevel interrupts, I need also two different
soft interrupt handlers. But triggering one soft interrupt handler triggers
the other one too, no matter which soft interrupt identifier is passed in
ddi_trigger_softintr.

2) If DDI_SOFTINT_HIGH is used as preference in ddi_add_softintr the
soft interrupt handler goes berzerk. Even without any trigger call existing
in the whole source, the handler is called on and on. The system is busy
running the soft interrupt handler and has to be switched off.

Is there anyone familiar with such stuff?

Thanks in advance,
Roman

Siemens AG, TN EM C 13
Hofmannstrasse 51                   Phone:      +49 89 722 44266
81359 Muenchen                        Fax:      +49 89 722 25869

2. What if the reason...

3. Help getting TCP/IP & Telnet to work?

4. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

5. Newbie--installation freezes

6. solaris 2.4 vs 2.3 performance

7. scroll-lock-return combo reboots Intel NetBSD 1.0?

8. Migrating user information from SunOS 4 to Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3

9. comparing solaris on SPARC vs. Intel

10. nfs performance SunOS 4.1.3_U1 vs Solaris 2.4

11. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

12. SYSINFO Panics Sun LX running Solaris 2.3