setup for gcc to compile both Sunos and Solaris needed

setup for gcc to compile both Sunos and Solaris needed

Post by Jeffrey R. Lusz » Sun, 26 Mar 1995 05:41:52

Hi all,
  I need to be able to compile C++ code on our network, which
consists of both SunOS and Solaris machines. Can someone point
me in the right direction in setting this up.
 Things we use...
   XView
   Guide and gxv++
   Imake

  What I'd like to be able to do is have it so that if you
were on the SunOS machine you'd build for SunOS and vice versa.

  Thanks,
  -Jeff

1. Packages for SunOS 5.8 needed to compile with gcc

Hi all :)

I am new to SunOS 5.8 and want to use the gcc which I downloaded from
sunfreeware.com.

After searching google I found out that i need the following packages:
SUNWlibC, SUNWlibCf, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms, SUNWsprot, SUNWscbcp, SUNWtoo,
SUNWarc and SUNWhea

So I downloaded disk 1 and 2 of Solaris 8 from sun.com and exported the
unpacked images from a Linux box. Unfortunately my SUN workstation has a
small hard disk so I cannot copy the images to the local filesystem with
setup_install_server :(

Maybe someone can send the packages via mail to hzuehl #at# hauke-zuehl #d o
t# de (I use this wierd notation to protect the address against spammers) or
offer the packages on a ftp server?

But maybe there is another possibility to install those packages from the
images?

Thanks and kind regards,
Hauke
--
Ja, Windows ist wie Sackhuepfen ohne Beine.
----

2. Changing LiLo after upgrading disks???

3. Help compiling gcc 2.5.8 w/Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3)

4. Modem Connection Probs

5. help needed on setup and runing SunOS/Solaris on one machine

6. mounting cdrom drives

7. Compiling Tcsh 6.02 with gcc 2.2.2 under SunOS 4.1.1?

8. How do I enable Privacy Extensions in RHEL or SuSE?

9. compiling gcc on Sparc2/SunOS

10. Apache won't compile on SunOS 5.7 - Is GCC Version 2.5.8 outdated?

11. GCC-compatible profiler for Solaris/SunOS?

12. FAQ Candidate: GCC and Solaris 2.x(SunOS 5.x) and some facts.

13. WARNING: FIND and ZIP compiled for sunOS have subtle errors on solaris