Legato Storage Manager

Post by Nigel Howar » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:19:04

Help!
Can somebody explain how I can get rid of the following message and stop it
re-occurring.  I don't know exactly what it is but I'm sure we don't need
it.

TIA

Feb 21 10:20:34 kenny root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] Legato Storage Manager
media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup
tape(s)

Legato Storage Manager

Post by Alexander von Alkie » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:41:52

Quote:> Help!
> Can somebody explain how I can get rid of the following message and stop
it
> re-occurring.  I don't know exactly what it is but I'm sure we don't need
> it.

> TIA

> Feb 21 10:20:34 kenny root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] Legato Storage
Manager
> media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup
> tape(s)

This messages tells you, that Legate has no further space on tape in your
tape drive.
If you want to finish your currently running Backup, put an empty tape in
your tapedrive and label and mount it => Legato will stop this messages and
cointinue writing the backup.
If you don't want to finish your running back, kill all "nsr" processes on
the LGTO server. Or open nwadmin tool to stop your running backup. (The
second one is the better way)

Alexander

Legato Storage Manager

Post by D.M. » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 05:43:09

Quote:> Help!
> Can somebody explain how I can get rid of the following message and stop it
> re-occurring.  I don't know exactly what it is but I'm sure we don't need
> it.

> TIA

> Feb 21 10:20:34 kenny root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] Legato Storage Manager
> media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup
> tape(s)

I wouldn't discard these warnings.  They've indicated other issues in
the past for me (lack of drives, lack of recyclable tapes/fresh tapes,
etc).  These alerts will pass as soon as a drive becomes free and has a
writable tape loaded.  Legato should do this automatically if you have a
typical config.

If you still desire to remove these alerts, you can disable
notifications via the GUI.

# D

Legato Storage Manager

Post by Gary Menn » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:59:32

> Help!
> Can somebody explain how I can get rid of the following message and stop it
> re-occurring.  I don't know exactly what it is but I'm sure we don't need
> it.

> TIA

> Feb 21 10:20:34 kenny root: [ID 702911 local0.alert] Legato Storage Manager
> media: (critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup
> tape(s)

This means that it is waiting for a tape labelled in the "default" backup pool.

If you are using tapes that have been labelled into other tape pools, it means
that  you probably haven't added the backup group to the tape pool .
Legato usally asks for a "default" tape when it can't resolve something in
your clint-group-pool setup.

1. Legato Storage Manager media error

I keep getting this error message: "Legato Storage Manager media:
(critical) backup to pool 'Default' waiting for 1 writable backup
tape(s)" when I'm logged in as root.  I'm running AIX 4.3 and don't
use Legato for backups.  I mainly use mksysb and cronned backup
command.  My cronned backups to tape are running fine.  Any ideas as
to where this is coming from and how to turn it off?  Thanks in
advance.

2. parinoid

3. Storage Subsystem Manager + Veritas Volume Manager

4. kppp hangs up after 60 seconds - why???

5. Moving non-Legato scratch tapes inL20 with Legato running

6. Configure a Guillemot 128 DS-XG sound card

7. Storage Managers for LINUX?

8. mod_timer conversions for mptctl.c

9. EXODUS storage manager

10. DPT RAID storage manager

11. Status Update on DPT and Storage Manager under Linux

12. Sun Volume Manager and Storage Array

13. Storage Subsystem Manager (SSM)