link aggragation with broadcom cards

Post by Haim Ashkena » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:26:08

Hi

Does anybody have an idea how to configure sun trunking to work with
cards from broadcom? a client of mine has a dual-port gigabyte card
from broadcom (device bcme0, bcme1). I've tried to setup sun trunking
to work with that, but in the "nettr" manpage the device can only be
"qfe | ge".

any ideas?

thanx
--
Haim

Post by Lon Stowel » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:06:39

> Hi

> Does anybody have an idea how to configure sun trunking to work with
> cards from broadcom? a client of mine has a dual-port gigabyte card
> from broadcom (device bcme0, bcme1). I've tried to setup sun trunking
> to work with that, but in the "nettr" manpage the device can only be
> "qfe | ge".

   You'd have to get the source for trunking and modify it.
   Then hope your broadcom cards cooperate.

   Have you checked to see if there is a port aggregation type
   package available from broadcom?

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:45:27

> Hi
> Does anybody have an idea how to configure sun trunking to work with
> cards from broadcom? a client of mine has a dual-port gigabyte card
> from broadcom (device bcme0, bcme1). I've tried to setup sun trunking
> to work with that, but in the "nettr" manpage the device can only be
> "qfe | ge".

Sun Trunking only supports qfe and ge cards.

You can configure IP Multipathing on just about any interface, but it's
not really designed for the same purpose.  It will allow both
interfaces to be used in some situations.

Post by Haim Ashkena » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:25:55

>    You'd have to get the source for trunking and modify it.
>    Then hope your broadcom cards cooperate.

Is it available?

Quote:

>    Have you checked to see if there is a port aggregation type
>    package available from broadcom?

coudn't find one for solaris.

thanx
--
Haim

1. Broadcom 4306 and WPA with D-Link DI-524

Hi all,
I am having difficulty getting the broadcom 4306 wireless working in
my laptop.  I have tried the default wpa_supplicant.conf settings as
well as many others I have found on the web but nothing is working
properly.

Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup before?  Any
insight is appreciated.

Also, is my method of "./rc.inet1 wlan0_restart" okay for trying a new
configuration?  Anything I should be aware of as a noob?

The behaviour of the wireless chip doesn't seem predictable at all.
Sometimes I can see (using wpa_cli) that the wpa handshaking process
completes successfully and then will stop working without any change
to the settings.  Once, I've even seen the DI-524's DHCP give it an IP
but when I restarted rc.inet1 it wouldn't work again.

I am starting wpa_supplicant with -Bw -Dwext as well as the .conf file
location specification. The system works as expected without
security.  I am using the b43 driver as a module.  I also have a wired
Broadcom 44xx using b44 driver as module but usually remove the b44
module when tested the b43.

I use wpa_passphrase to generate my key for the wpa_supplicant.conf
file.

Thanks in advance,
chris
Linux 2.6.24.3
Slackware 12.0
Gateway 7320GZ laptop
P4, 512MB RAM

2. What causes SIGTRAPs?

3. Linux Lock-up on Broadcom Gigabit Card

4. bash? (and a csh question)

5. Cannot initialize Broadcom Tigon3 ethernet card

6. Two questions about fvwm use

7. problem w/ broadcom wireless card 4319 rev 2 ...

8. Win98 connecting to AIX???

9. New Linksys card is BROADCOM?!?

10. Need help configuring Broadcom Wireless card (Ndiswrapper is installed)

11. broadcom sata card driver??

12. Broadcom 10/100/1000 network cards and linux

13. Broadcom 4401 network card problems