netscape fastpage/solaris 2.4

Post by Sam McTierna » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello, I am relatively new to server applications and am having a weird
problem trying to get my serverrecognizable to the outside world. We
recently reformated the drives, and replaced HTTPD from NCSA with
Netscape Fastpage. The problem is that clients can only find the server
using the OLD name (we changed the host name when we reinstalled the
OS). Can anyone tell me WHATS GOIN ON? I'm more than a bit frustrated
after looking at all configuration files to no avail. The machine is
currently looking through all files on the system for the string
"acheron" which is the old name of the server. I dont know how anything
could be left after a reformat... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

1. netscape fastpage server/solaris 2.4

Hello, I am relatively new to server applications and am having a weird
problem trying to get my serverrecognizable to the outside world. We
recently reformated the drives, and replaced HTTPD from NCSA with
Netscape Fastpage. The problem is that clients can only find the server
using the OLD name (we changed the host name when we reinstalled the
OS). Can anyone tell me WHATS GOIN ON? I'm more than a bit frustrated
after looking at all configuration files to no avail. The machine is
currently looking through all files on the system for the string
"acheron" which is the old name of the server. I dont know how anything
could be left after a reformat... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

2. DDD Debugger and PTS

3. newbie to ip masquerading

4. Netscape Solaris 2.4 Sparc5/85 24bit = woes

5. DIP - fails to find host

6. Netscape browser for Solaris 2.4 x86?

7. Script to mirror FTP

8. Netscape on Solaris 2.4

9. Netscape for Solaris x86 2.4

10. Netscape, S24 frame buffer, Solaris 2.4

11. Netscape for Solaris 2.4 for x86

12. Netscape for Solaris 2.4 on X86