Disksuite - Removing a Hot spare

Post by Paul Porcel » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 19:40:30

How do you go about removing a hot spare which is in use ?
i.e. Disassociating it from the submirror that it is now
part of.

I basically want to return the disk to it's associated Hot Spare
pool, detach the submirror it was part of, and then build a new
submirror from some spare disks.

N.B. I don't want to use the spare disks as Hot spares.

Thanks a lot.

Disksuite - Removing a Hot spare

Post by Adam » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:32:48

try docs.sun.com the disk suite manual is online and will explain what you
need to know.

Adam

Quote:> How do you go about removing a hot spare which is in use ?

Post by Scott Hal » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:49:21

Quote:> How do you go about removing a hot spare which is in use ?
> i.e. Disassociating it from the submirror that it is now
> part of.

> I basically want to return the disk to it's associated Hot Spare
> pool, detach the submirror it was part of, and then build a new
> submirror from some spare disks.

> N.B. I don't want to use the spare disks as Hot spares.

> Thanks a lot.

man metadb
man metadetach
man format
man metainit
man metattach
--
Mit freundlichen Gr?en! / Sincerely,
Scott P. Hall

(remove the "nospam" to email me directly)

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
will be able to appreciate how difficult it was.

                http://www.usenet.com

1. DiskSuite + Hot Spare

Hi all,

we have four disks for a diskset, three of them form a RAID, one disk is
configured as hot spare. One of the three disks failed and the hot spare
sucessfully replaced the failed disk. I repaired the failed disk an
brought it back from "Need Maintenance" to state "Okay" by enabling it.
The disk got resynced, but the hot spare is still "In use". How can i
bring the hot spare disk back to "Available"?

Thanks!

Michael

2. Kernel panic: VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:42

3. Hot spare when both submirrors fails (DiskSuite 4.2)?

4. looking for cute xclock

5. DiskSuite hot spare trouble

6. free firewall from sun

7. DiskSuite Hot Spares and Filesystem Layout

8. Error: Kernel version doesn't match

9. Can hot spare be added after metadevices were created ?

10. Veritas Mirroring (Hot Spare Problems)

11. hot spare system

12. adding a hot spare to a RAID5 device...

13. VRTS Hot relocation/sparing.