SunOS 5.2 Print Client and BSD Print Server

SunOS 5.2 Print Client and BSD Print Server

Post by Jerzy Pawl » Wed, 25 Aug 1993 23:19:06

Hi,

    I am trying to configure Sun OS 5.2 print client and SunOS 4.1.1
Print server. Everything seems to work except that the file is not
printed. I obtain on a SunOS 5.2 print client in a lpNet log
a NAK from remote lpd server --- code (107).
Where can I find description of lpd codes? Or may somebody knows
what is happening?

Jerzy Pawlus          Academic Computer Centre, Cyfronet

1. problems printing to intel NetportExpress PRO/100 print server with redhat 5.2 linux

I am running RedHat 5.2 linux on a Intel Pentium III. We have other
machines in our network that can print to our Intel NetportExpress
PRO/100 print server with no problems. However I cannot seem to get
our Linux servers to print to the print server. I have a Cannon
LPB-1260 laser printer attached to the print server which is a HP
compatible printer.

I am able to ping the print server from my linux system just fine.

Here is my /etc/printcap file:
netlsrptr|netlsrptr|netlsrptr-on-parallel-port-1:\
:rm=209.69.52.131:\
:rp=LPT1_TEXT:\
:mx#0:\
:sh:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/netlsrptr:

If I issue a /usr/sbin/lpc status command after trying to send a print
job here are the results:
netlsrptr:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        1 entry in spool area
        waiting for netlsrptr to become ready (offline ?)

If I issue an lpq -Pnetlsrptr command I get these results:
waiting for netlsrptr to become ready (offline ?)
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total
Size
1st    root       13   (standard input)                      1191
bytes

The printer has paper and is online. If I print from my workstation or
another server I do not have problems.

Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

2. Ext2 has a little problem

3. Printing from Solaris 2.X or SunOs through a NT Print Server

4. vnc for aix

5. print client can't print to 2.6 printer server

6. Pls point to docs on X-Windows 'interference'

7. Help getting printing working to Wireless Print Server/Client

8. help with SCSI/Samba

9. Printing from OS/2 client to Solaris 2.3 print server

10. Linux print client & SCO Unix print server

11. Linux print client with *Linux* print server

12. NIS: Redhat 5.2 client, SunOS Server??

13. Disable print banners when printing to remote BSD printer