SDK post-install problems

Post by crai.. » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello people,
Well, this should be going a lot smoother than this. I've just gone
through the procedure to install Solaris SDK on v2.5 x86. When I attempt
the following, per page 31 of the "SDK Installation Guide":
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

it comes back and tells me:
setenv: file not found

ok, so I surmise I must use the C-shell, so I type:
csh
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now it tells me
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: undefined variable

C'mon, I thought this was defining it. If not, what's going on? I
followed the install procedure to the "t".

Thank you,
Craig

Name:   Craig Cullum, Engineering Technologist

Vox:    United States: 608 838 4194 or 4197 (ext.128)
Fax:    United States: 608 838 8367

Lottery: A tax on people who are not good at math. (sorry, source
unknown)

SDK post-install problems

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>Well, this should be going a lot smoother than this. I've just gone
>through the procedure to install Solaris SDK on v2.5 x86. When I attempt
>the following, per page 31 of the "SDK Installation Guide":
>setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hm, do they suggest setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  Programs really should
be able to work without them.

You don't need to use the C-shell.

Just translate the syntax to:

        LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/openwin/lib
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(but I'm not sure this is really necessary

Quote:>ok, so I surmise I must use the C-shell, so I type:
>csh
>setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>Now it tells me
>LD_LIBRARY_PATH: undefined variable

Because you don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set, the expression

        /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

gives an error message.

Just use:

        setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib

But I rather doubt you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Casper

be fiction rather than truth.

1. Linux post-install boot problems on K6II system

Wondering if any one out there has any suggestions for this...

I'm trying to set up a Linux server for my home network and I can't seem
to boot the machine after installation. Here's my setup-

-Microstar ms5169 mainboard w/ aladdin V (ALI) chipset
-AMI BIOS 5.1
-AMD K6II 333MHZ w/3D-now!
-Quantum CX 13GB IDE HD (just purchased -spanking new)
-96MB SDRAM
-Matrox Millenium 8MB AGP
-Two 3com 3c905b-TXNM Ethernet NIC's
-RedHat Linux 6.1
-booting from floppy disk only - don't want to use LILO

I installed rh6.1 two days ago without incident, other than some ethernet
configuration problems unrelated to my new problem.:-)

Last night I rebooted my Linux server (running happily for the last 48
hours) to do some final BIOS tweaking,(power management stuff) and upon
reboot, Linux halted on

    mounting proc filesystem        OK

 Ctl-Alt-Del did nothing. The keyboard was frozen. I waited a while
thinking perhaps it was just chugging through it but the boot sequence
didn't get any farther along. I rebooted and went back to the BIOS and
undid all the setings I had changed before Linux hung on me. Same problem.
Then I booted again and went to bed thinking maybe I would wakeup the next
day at the login prompt. Still stuck on the proc filesystem message.

I've setup BIOS fail-safe defaults, tried installing again, physically
removed all devices except the bare necessities, zero-written the hard
drive with a Quantum format/partition utility, reinstalled Linux again,
ran full read-write diagnostics on the hard drive, and nothing works. No
matter what I do, Linux can't get beyond the "mounting proc filesystem  OK"
line during boot-up.

I'm still a newbie and the proc filesystem's importance escapes me; but
I'm not getting any error messages prior to this. No mention of corrupt
partions or anything out of the ordinary. Up to that point, everything
appears to be normal. Help! What gives?

2. cancel <unix-faq/shell/intro_1089087315@rtfm.mit.edu>

3. post-install linuxppc problem

4. help needed with ADSL

5. Linux Post-Install Problems

6. Red Hat 5.0

7. Post-Install Problem

8. NON Xwindows installation of Oracle 8 client on linux

9. how to change FQDN post-install??

10. post-install boot failure (redhat 5.1 on a Multia)

11. HELP: post-install package installation from DOS partition

12. Post-Install Boot Error

13. Cant install java 2 sdk on openserver 5.0.5