Console Server

Post by Noel McLoughli » Wed, 09 May 2001 18:24:04

Can Anyone recommend a "Console Server" which will allow remote telnet
to Sun/Intel Servers including Solaris at OK prompt and NT box with "blue screen".

thanks a lot
noel.

Console Server

Post by Jules Jansse » Wed, 09 May 2001 20:23:17

Try a DEC server 900 or 700

rgds

Quote:

> Can Anyone recommend a "Console Server" which will allow remote telnet
> to Sun/Intel Servers including Solaris at OK prompt and NT box with "blue
screen".

> thanks a lot
> noel.

1. Console lock up with Lantronix Console Server SCS3200

I am having issues with the consoles on my Sun's.  The problems have
started since I connected the consoles to a Lantronix Console server,
SCS3200.

My Sun's are 2 flavors: serial port is a DB25 connection or a RJ45
connection.

My 220R/280R's use the DB25's.  These consoles work for awhile, but
then the consoles just lock up.  Even if I disconnect the console from
the Lantroix and hook it to a laptop, the console is still dead.  Its
like Solaris has disabled it or something.  But if I reboot the sun,
the console works again for a bit.

My V210's have the RJ45 connections.  They die after a while also, but
with these, if I HUP the console process, the console wakes back up and
starts to work again.

Does anyone have any ideas ?  All of these suns work fine if I do not
connect them to the Lantronix box.

Thanks,

Paul

2. Java support on Netscape 6 for Linux

3. Console Server Experiences

4. Adaptec AHA274x. No BIOS32 extensions present.

5. Console Servers for Sun SPARC systems?

6. What motherboards would you recommend?

7. console server

8. SLS-Permission-Drama (elm/mail)

9. default windowmanager, framebuffer console, server installation

10. force LOM/OK mode across console server

11. Need console server software

12. Ethernet card found during installation but I see error msgs on console (server installation)

13. console server: Makers?