ftp sites for Solaris 2.5

Post by Kendri » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello folks!
          What are some good ftp sites where I can get bainaries of common
apps, like a compiler that I don't have to compile since I don't have
a compiler, other goodies like lynx, irc clients, mud clients, system
apps, most of the things I had in SunOS 4 :)

        Many thanks in advance!  Feel free to email :)

Regards,

Kendrick

ftp sites for Solaris 2.5

Post by Guy T. Ri » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

|Hello folks!
|          What are some good ftp sites where I can get bainaries of common
|apps, like a compiler that I don't have to compile since I don't have
|a compiler, other goodies like lynx, irc clients, mud clients, system
|apps, most of the things I had in SunOS 4 :)
|
|        Many thanks in advance!  Feel free to email :)

I don't know about the rest, but if you check "sunsite.unc.edu", they have
GCC 2.7.2, and get this, in pkg format, so you just download it, unpack
it, and use "pkgadd" to install it.  Nifty!

Once you've done that, you can get the other stuff in source format and
just compile it yourself.  :)

1. FTP Site for Solaris 2.5 x86

Hi,

Looking for GNU and other freebies ported to Solaris 2.5 x86 platform ?
Look no further, I've discoverd a ftp site; dare I say better than
sunsite.unc.edu :)  Check out ftp.jetlink.net /pub/unix/x86solaris.

I've just ported innd1.4, tcpd, ntalk, ytalk, wu-ftpd, traceroute, top and
a bunch of other goodies that I can't do without. The files are ftp to
/pub/unix/x86solaris/binaries.

Wes
ICON

2. tcl/tk botched upgrade even while using RPM

3. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

4. smail, comp.mail.maps, utils == CONFUSION!

5. Solaris 2.5 Internet or web sites

6. Which package for inttypes.h ?

7. anyone know any good solaris 2.5 x86 sites?

8. Oracle8 question for Linux gurus

9. Max Virtual Sites under Solaris 2.5 or 2.6

10. ANNOUNCE: freeware for Solaris 2.5 mirror site

11. UnixWare FTP sites for my FTP sites FAQ?

12. Web browser as FTP client: errors on my (solaris 2.4) FTP site

13. Ftp server Solaris 2.5